Monday, November 2, 2009

One more day...

They decided that Karl needed to stay at the hospital for one more day. They said it is only precautionary and that they want to make sure the swelling is down substantially before they release him. This could be true, but I have my thoughts.

4. They still can't believe how huge Karl is and need to "observe" him to see if he is indeed 1/2 giant.
3. After going 3-2 over the weekend in chess, many believe Karl is the new chess master- champion. The U of C wants to call "shotgun" on his genius mind.
2. One of the nurses has developed a crush on Karl and can't bring herself to say goodbye.
1. They will just flat out, 100%, just miss Ol' Big Bear.

I spoke with Karl last night on the phone and he is just sick and tired of being in the hospital. As I have mentioned before he is just really, really bored. Hopefully he will be home by tomorrow. Feel free to send Karl stickers for his helmet. The $ thing was kind of a joke. Though I do think the funniest sticker should get a prize...

On an unrelated note, I was wondering if it would be ok if I shared something with you all? And there you have the beautiful thing about a blog. I can say whatever I want! You can't decline!

Anyways...

At church yesterday we sang a song by Matt Redman called "You Never Let Go". The bridge goes like this:

"And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We’ll live to know You here on the earth"

When we came to this bridge I kind of lost it. Yup, I started crying. There was just something very powerful in that moment of cooperate worship. I suppose there was renewed hope in that moment. But unique hope in that it speaks to something that transcends life on this earth. This song reminded me of Job 1:20 when, after hearing about a series of super crappy things happening to him, Job responds by worshiping. Job also shaves his head and rips his robes. I think God lavishes grace on us to mourn which eventually frees us to worship.

Thanks for bearing with me. And yes, I will now subsequently be made relentlessly by my family for admitting in this blog that I cried.

If you want to hear the song, here's a link to the youtube page:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76ifTTuL4XI

No comments:

Post a Comment